Thursday, February 16, 2006

Applying foundation

After my last post,I've had a few people inquire as to the proper way to apply foundation.
Although I admit that I do not wear foundation, since I am a skin care consultant, I do read as much information as I can in reference to skin, body & cosmetics products and applications.
This little tidbit of information I actually read in the latest edition of "Glamour" and used during my last demonstration.
(This is not verbatim, but it is the basis of the article.)
To correctly apply foundation, so as it is undetectable, first, choose a color that is as close to your natural skin tone as possilbe or one shade lighter.
Blot foundation in between eyebrows, under bottom lip, and on either side of the nose. After blotting in these "target areas", blend with fingertips, cotton ball or sponge. This tehnique for application "targets" the most troublesome spots and blending from these points out almost guarantees a flawless, undetectable blend.
For those of you that try this, please let us know if you found this technique as helpful as I did.

No comments: