Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oh no you DIDN'T....

Oh yes I DID!!!! What did I do? You won't believe it, but it's true..........I did my grocery shopping online!!!!
Last week, I went online to see what Shoprite's current circular had on sale and to my amazement the home page said that "you can now shop online". Shop online? NO WAY!!!! Well people, I'm here to tell you.....YES WAY!!!
For a mere $10.00, Shoprite will have an employee do your shopping for you and at a predetermined time, bring your groceries out to your vehicle OR, for an additional $4.95, they will have an employee deliver your groceries to your home.
Which option do you think I took advantage of????
Picture this....the fridge is EMPTY, the little one is SUPPOSE TO be in pre-school until 4pm and you get out of work at 12pm...no problem, hit the food store after work. UH, OH....little one wakes at 4AM, vomits, lays on sofa, drifts back off to sleep, wakes up again an hour later, vomits, "Mommy, I don't want to go to school, my belly hurts".
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? The darn fridge is EMPTY, I don't have anyone to watch the little one..............oh, wait, I can now food shop online. BINGO!!!!
I've got to tell you, I bought produce and meat and I couldn't have been happier. Not only that, but I spent LESS money, even with the $14.95 they charged to shop for me and deliver it to me, than I normally do when I go in and do my shopping. No impulse shopping online.
If you can swing the $14.95, give it a try.....and let us know what you think.

Heather

1 comment:

lil10624 said...

I have to tell you, not only was I impressed with the meat and produce they picked out for me, but I was also AMAZED at how much money I saved by not walking around the store just picking up stuff along the way.
I am SOOOOOO HOOKED!!!

P.S. Thanks for "dropping in", I hope you visit frequently....and PLEASE, feel free to add whatever comments you like.