Thursday, January 25, 2007

Soy vs Paraffin

I'm not quite sure whether the claim that soy candles emit less toxins than paraffin candles is true or not, but what I CAN attest to is that the candles and tarts at http://www.soy-simple.com/ DEFINITELY last longer, have a stronger scent, and go out with less fuss.
Personally, I purchase both the tarts and the jar candles. I can't say ENOUGH how very satisfied I am. For the holidays, they created these "sparkle" tarts ( I tend to burn tarts more frequently than candles these days due to the 6 year old, two cats, and the dog.) and not only do the smell tremendous, but upon cooling, they slide right out of the burners. Normally, I need to place my burners in the freezer for a few minutes to pop them out.
Also, I have found that the tarts from http://www.soy-simple.com/ can be burned a number of times depending on the scent, but definitely not less than twice.
Every scent, with the exception of one (Hearth Fire.....I actually thought that there was plastic burning in my house. It took me twenty minutes to figure out the source of the smell was the tart. Duh on me!!!) is better than the next. I especially like:
  • Dragon's Blood
  • Thunderstorm
  • Exotic Floral
  • All the cocktail scented tarts

There are more, but the ones above are among my favorites.

In addition to tarts and jar candles, they also offer pillar candles, votives, tea-lights, and tart burners. The customer service is friendly and the turn around time is minimal. They also provide articles that detail the difference of soy over paraffin candles.

This is one site I HIGHLY recommend if you're a candle lover...and aren't most of us candle lovers????

http://www.soy-simple.com/

No comments: